This episode is a quick bit of boundary truth! A listener wrote in asking about what to do when a very hard boundary comes seemingly out of nowhere. Tune in to learn what to do when you just didn’t see that boundary coming, and get a refresher about non-negotiable boundaries.
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #56:
- We discuss what non-negotiable boundaries are and why they present a problem for open communication.
- Learn the two types of non-negotiable boundaries and why that knowledge directs the response one should have in moving forward with another person in communication.
- What is a knee-jerk reaction and how to determine if this represents a non-negotiable boundary or simply an automatic response to a situation?
- Why you should simply accept another person’s hard-stop boundary, even when you think it’s extreme.
- What is your “communication dance” when it comes to unexpected boundaries, and what part do you play? How does this affect your relationship?
Highlights from Episode #56:
- Welcome back to the show! Listen in for quick tips on what to do when a hard boundary comes out of nowhere. [00:40]
- Hear the listener’s question that inspired this episode. [01:45]
- How to address non-negotiable boundaries. [05:25]
- The two types of non-negotiable boundaries. [06:19]
- How to address a “stash and blow” pattern when it comes to creating and establishing boundaries. [09:53]
- Why knee-jerk reactions shouldn’t necessarily cause arguments. [11:30]
- Change is difficult and painful. Why we try to change others rather than ourselves. [13:23]
- Vicki gives her recommendations to the listener. [15:15]
- Build trust in the fact that all limits will be respected. [17:20]
- Disengage from the dance to gain clarity in your life and relationship. [17:45]
- Changes require support. [19:29]
Links and Resources:
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- 5-Step Boundary Solution Clarifier
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 6: What to Expect When You Set Boundaries (+Non-Negotiable Boundaries)
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 14: Taking Action! (Step 4 of the 5-Step Boundary Solution)
Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 49: Quick Tips #5: 4 SIgns Your Boundaries May Be Too Harsh
Hi, I'm Victoria!
I love guiding my clients on a journey of Returning to the authentic truth of who they are, Reclaiming what is theirs, and Receiving everything that is meant for them.
Imagine you, filled up
Get Free Self-Care Ideas
30 practical & delicious ideas to start building your self-care practice today.
It is so important that you feel good. It’s good for you, your loved ones, and the world.
©2022-2023 Victoria Priya | All Rights Reserved