How do you deal with emotional vampires and boundary-violators in the workplace? Learn what an emotional vampire is, along with tools for responding to their intrusive behaviors. This episode is all about exercising your right to privacy and boundaries while maintaining professional relationships in the workplace. Tune in!
Biggest Takeaways From Episode #57:
- How to deal with people who act victimized by boundaries that you’ve set.
- Why “shoulding” is a form of manipulation.
- Learn what emotional vampires are and how they affect you in the workplace.
- Tools for responding and creating boundaries with co-workers who are emotional vampires.
- Quick review of how to deal with boundary violations by employers or supervisors.
Highlights from Episode #57:
- Welcome back to the show! Today’s episode is inspired by a listener’s question. [00:40]
- How do you deal with people who act victimized by boundaries that you’ve set? [01:59]
- Why the word “should” is a form of manipulation. [06:33]
- What are emotional vampires and how do they present in the workplace? [09:45]
- Hear the listener’s question and the type of vampire she’s dealing with. [15:40]
- Learn tools for handling emotional vampires in the workplace. [18:48]
- Tool number one: Cut off their oxygen! [21:01]
- You’re not obligated to respond to questions that push the limits of your privacy. [24:45]
- Learn conversational tools for protecting your private information with co-workers who are vampires. [25:34]
- How to use specialized tools for boundary violations. [29:48]
Links and Resources:
- Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- Moving Beyond Betrayal by Vicki Tidwell Palmer
- 5-Step Boundary Solution Clarifier
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 37: The Listening Boundary Part I
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 39: The Listening Boundary Part II: How It Works
- Beyond Bitchy Podcast | Episode 40: The Listening Boundary Part III: High Quality Listening = Higher Quality Responses
- Dan Sullivan
Hi, I'm Victoria!
I love guiding my clients on a journey of Returning to the authentic truth of who they are, Reclaiming what is theirs, and Receiving everything that is meant for them.
Imagine you, filled up
Get Free Self-Care Ideas
30 practical & delicious ideas to start building your self-care practice today.
It is so important that you feel good. It’s good for you, your loved ones, and the world.
©2022-2023 Victoria Priya | All Rights Reserved